Saturday, January 17, 2009

IPA of the day:


Stone Ruination IPA. This is a favorite beer of mine, clocking in at 7.7 ABV and 100 +IBU's (international bitterness units) with Columbus and Centennial hops. A Wikipedia list of hop varieties can be found here.

It currently boasts an "A" on beeradvocate.

It comes in bigger bottles and six packs—look for the bright yellow gargoyle.

I'd say if you enjoy Sierra Nevada pale ale, you might like this beer. I find the large amount of hops in it to be refreshing, which is why I recommend it with a slightly spicy, smoky cheddar. This beer is also good for spicy foods. It has a nice balance of malt, but the hops come through strongest, which gives it a lighter feel.

Food Pairing: Cabot Chipotle Cheddar, which can be found at the party source in Bellevue or another spicy dish of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to be honest, fair and keep a good sense of humor in my posts--I would appreciate if you follow the same policy with your comments.