Saturday, January 17, 2009

Riesling recommendation:

Occasionally I get a nice Riesling to go with some cheddar. I'm not willing to drop more than $15.00 on a bottle, so that kind of limits my options. I like Kabinetts, Auslese is much too sweet and I feel like I am drinking Capri Sun. David usually points me in the direction of Qualitätswein mit prädikat –which he translates as "quality wine with choosiness".


I've found this wine at Hyde Park Wine and Spirits for, as you can see, well within my price range. It's not too strong, not too sweet and not too expensive. Recommended with Black Diamond three year old cheddar, which can be found at Bigg's Hyde park plaza location.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to be honest, fair and keep a good sense of humor in my posts--I would appreciate if you follow the same policy with your comments.