Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dilly Deli visit:

David and I visited with my Dad in Loveland this past Saturday, and when lunchtime came around, I really wanted wings. …And OK, I’ll be honest—the chance to try Southern Tier Oak Aged Unearthly Imperial IPA on tap.

So where else would we go? To the DD! We took the backroads from Loveland/Milford to Mariemont. We passed the old quarry and new subdivisions, tiny stores and small towns.


Current Beers on Tap at the Dilly:
Morland 'Old Speckled Hen'
Southern Tier Oaked Un-Earthly Imperial IPA
BarrelHouse Bock
Stone IPA
Pauwel Kwak
Duchesse de Bourgogne
Brooklyn Savoir Faire
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager
Flying Dog Wild Dog Schwarz
Mt. Carmel Winter Ale
Chimay Blanche (White)
Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale
Troegs HopBack Amber Ale
On Cask: BarrelHouse DryHopped Boss Cox Double Dark IPA

I had picked up some magazines and a book earlier at Barnes and Noble--ignoring the puzzled look the cashier flashed me as he was scanning the titles-- Consumer Reports, Bitch, Beers of the World and Kitty and the Midnight Hour, so I figured we would sit at the Dilly Deli bar for a little while and read together.
As I suspected, Oak aged Unearthly is much better on tap than out of the bottle.
I was also super psyched because my earrings had been delivered at last—silver and abalone inlay horn Seraphins from BAF.
Pretty

David got a beer we’ve never heard of before, the Pauwel Kwak. It came in a very strange glass.





It's a very light beer, very pilsner like. around 8% ABV.


This beer presents the beer boot problem with it's funny shaped glass. You have to drink it slowly and carefully, otherwise the air goes down the the bulb at the bottle too fast and you get a face full of Kwak.











I also realized my Kwak coaster was a postcard!


Peanut himself had dryhopped the Boss Cox, so I had to try it. It had...alot of character.




David decided on the burger. I got the wings I had been craving.


David wanted to walk around Mariemont for a little bit, so we went exploring.



Mariemont Stonehenge







Dilly Deli Wines & Gourmet on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Dilly Deli in years. Your recent posts clue me in to this place being completely different from what I remember. The selection of beers looks very appealing as does the wings. That settles it, I'm going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It's definitely one of our favorite places. Let us know when you plan on visiting. We might see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I try to be honest, fair and keep a good sense of humor in my posts--I would appreciate if you follow the same policy with your comments.