Friday, May 1, 2009

Harpoon Leviathan series, Imperial IPA:

Oh boy, a beer named after a mythological monster! I was attracted to the Leviathan series from the beginning, when I saw the porter in Findlay Market. But I don’t really like Porters, so I was very excited when I saw the Imperial IPA.

You know how I feel about Imperial IPA.

Leviathan isn’t as expensive as you would think, but it’s still a little pricey. That aside, it smells very floral and apricot-y, with a little bit of pine hoppiness in it. It’s very bitter and hoppy, as an Imperial IPA should be, with a cleansing bite to it.

Small head and pours clear amber.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to be honest, fair and keep a good sense of humor in my posts--I would appreciate if you follow the same policy with your comments.