Monday, February 14, 2011

For someone special:

David has long since learned that I have a very strong sense of whimsy. It’s not a bad thing, but it does take some getting used to. It’s responsible for many things in our lives, from our fantastic whirlwind of a wedding to the picnic table that resides in our dining room.

Our relationship is nicely balanced between the fanciful and the logical. And though David may sometimes point out the flaws in my often elaborate and sudden plans, he also knows that I have an even stronger sense of determination to see my whimsical masterpieces to fruition. Which meant when I woke up on Sunday morning wanting to make chocolate covered strawberries with edible gold garnish for a Valentine’s day treat, he voiced no objections.

I braved the snarled traffic mess that is Rookwood commons and visited Sur Le Table to get my edible gold leaf, but I imagine you can also order it off the internet. It comes, as expected, with a hefty price tag, but a little goes a long way and it’s a fun and impressive way to fancypants up a dessert.

Happy Valentine's Day, David; I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to be honest, fair and keep a good sense of humor in my posts--I would appreciate if you follow the same policy with your comments.